POTENTIALS OF MICROSOFT COPILOT
Many are talking about Microsoft Copilot and chat GPT. But what is it really and why is it important for everyone to know what’s coming?
What is Microsoft Copilot?
Microsoft 365 Copilot, based on Chat-GPT, is a productivity tool that uses big language models (AI) and Microsoft Graph data to help user:s focus on value-added work and less on repetitive tasks or simple standard activities.
What features does Copilot offer?
The basic capabilities of Microsoft 365 Copilot undoubtedly represent technology that has the potential to significantly increase people’s productivity. With specific business content from the cloud and contexts, Copilot is able to create, summarize, analyze and automate content. It can also operate apps and work across apps to convert Word documents into a PowerPoint presentation, for example. Another advantage of Copilot is that it is capable of learning new skills, which greatly improves its functionality and adaptability to the needs of the business.
Future application areas of the tool
- Microsoft Business Chat, also known as “Chat-GPT”, is integrated into Office 365 and provides a personal assistant (chat bot) that assists with tasks such as writing texts, creating summaries or research.
More information is available here: https://youtu.be/-p5LKp2FkxQ
- Copilot for Excel assists with analyzing data, writing formulas, and generating data using natural language. Anyone can use it to become an Excel professional.
More information about this application can be found here: https://youtu.be/I-waFp6rLc0.
- Copilot for Word assists in creating a first draft, summarizing or detailing text based on other documents in the organization.
Details about the application of Copilot for Word can be found here: https://youtu.be/C8WDGKaOt2s.
- Copilot PowerPoint enables the creation of entire slide decks based on other company documents. Using natural language, it is possible to describe individual slides or to have all animations generated.
You can find more information here: https://youtu.be/fzoZ_f7ji5Q
- Copilot for Outlook allows to focus more on communication instead of writing emails by composing first emails based on natural language input or even other documents. Summaries or variations of emails in a style are just tasks of seconds.
Details can be found in this video: https://youtu.be/uI5mQjTp1fI.
- Copilot in MS Teams provides one of the greatest value-adds in the entire Microsoft ecosystem for AI! Copilot can keep people informed if they are late to a meeting or need to leave early, answer questions that have already been discussed, or identify key facts for follow up meetings and meeting notes.
Learn more about the potential of using Copilot in MS Teams here: https://youtu.be/N1gpkk-MwpY
Assessment: How will it impact work?
Florian Soter, Managing Partner of Lurse Technology Solutions explains, “In my opinion, Copilot and other AI tools of this kind will turn the way of working upside down. Standard tasks that AI can do better will move more and more into these systems, and humans will operate them using natural language. This will require new skills and different ways of thinking about how to approach work. People and organizations that address these issues now will develop a very high advantage over their competition.
Overall, I see a very positive development and a mostly positive future in the field of AI-enabled work – the potential of increasing productivity is especially great. This can help counteract the challenges posed by the shortage of skilled workers. However, there are also some critical issues that organizations and people must learn to deal with in order to overcome the technical and social challenges of this new way of working. Concerns in this context can relate to the issue of data protection, for example, but also to a lack of control or high training and maintenance costs. However, the biggest danger I see is that people and companies don’t address the issue of AI in time and get hooked by the competition.”
The potential of Microsoft Copilot is summarized in the following video: https://youtu.be/hGb9UZ8DyDc